Friday, November 27, 2009

My pc(XP Pro) is giving me a boot failure msg at the begining and won't recognize the hard driv

It is asking for a boot diskette at the start up but when I downloaded the boot diskette into a cd -rom from microsoft it won't recognize it. I have no Folopy drive in my 2nd pc to put it onto diskette. I am running a windows XP pro on that PC



My pc(XP Pro) is giving me a boot failure msg at the begining and won't recognize the hard drive?microsoft vista



get an original bootable xp pro cd and boot from it, on the main window selection where there is 'install windows', 'repair windows','exit'.......select repair windows and then the system will go into a DOS type enviroment......select the operating system you want to repair( use the numbers assigned to the OS) then enter the administrators password.....then type fixboot and then agree to the 'are you sure you want to fixboot'..............then type fixmbr, and then say yes to the verification .......then type exit, your system will restart and hopefully your boot record is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans