Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can't reinstall Windows XP?? Help?

Something messed my computer up a few days ago (can't boot or reach XP logo/ Pressing F8 won't work / tried a floppy disk boot but it failed), so I decided to reinstall Windows XP. When I put in the CD and the computer does all the reading, I'm brought up to a blue screen that asks if I want to reinstall Windows XP (Pro), restore the computer, or quit the setup.



When I choose to reinstall and agree to the terms, I get 4 slots that say Unknown Disk or something. I'm suppose to choose a slot, create a partition, or delete a partition, but choosing any brings me to another blue screen that says error and stop. And if I choose restore the computer and type fixboot or fixmdr, it says it cannot find the drive (even C:\).



Any idea on how to fix my reinstalling problem? Or maybe fix my boot problem? Thanks a lot for any help.



Can't reinstall Windows XP?? Help?ds browser



You probably need to install a RAID or SATA driver to continue



Can't reinstall Windows XP?? Help?microsoft templates internet explorer



Sounds like the hard drive is now shot...you need to get another one.



Just because it's new means nothing!!!



When I bought a new Gateway computer, I had 4 hard drives go bad on me within 6 months!!!



So if it's still on warranty send it back to them and get a new one.
Sounds like a hard drive problem.



If you are using a non-standard hard drive setup you may need to install custom drivers, otherwise WinXP won't be able to write to the drive(s).



If you have a standard hard drive setup, the hard drive may be faulty.
not positive, but it may be possible that the information for what you're trying to do isn't legible on the cd, perhaps try a different one?
Could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software . This problem can be solved by uninstalling new softwares, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes . From http://fixit.in/bluescreenofdeath.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans