Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reinstalling OEM Windows XP on a PC with Windows already on it.?

I would like to reinstall Windows without formatting the drive and erasing all the data. So I booted the PC from the OEM CD. When it comes time to do a Repair (R) without going to a command prompt, there is no option to do so.



To give you an idea of where I get to, visit: http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windows... . After pressing F8 to agree to install Windows, the next screen that I see does not match the next step (Part 2). On his computer, it ask me which drive (the HdD has been partioned into 3 hard drives) I would like to format to reinstall Windows. I know the steps are for a regular installation disc of Windows XP (Pro or Home) on this website, but is their another way with an OEM disc (anyone out there who may own OEM disc) to reinstall Windows without reformating and erasing all of the data/programs?



Thanks!



Reinstalling OEM Windows XP on a PC with Windows already on it.?windows mobile



By the sounds of it you may have an issue with your Master Boot Record. I assume the reason that you have not done the repair install from within Windows is because Windows doesn't boot. The fact that you are not getting a screen showing you where windows has been installed is also an indication of this.



I would suggest that you repair this by going into Recovery Console. Press "R" at the first oppertunity (the 4th screen shot in your link).



You will need to know "The Administrator" password for this, not just "An administrator."



Once in Recovery Console type the following.



FIXMBR



EXIT



The computer will then restart and may be bootable. If it is not, then you could also try going back into the Recovery Console and typing.



FIXBOOT



EXIT



Reinstalling OEM Windows XP on a PC with Windows already on it.?www.microsoft.com internet explorer



You need to chose the partition your windows is installed on. Normally that would be C:\ drive.
you are confusing the bejezzes out of me but let me try to help



OEM software is ONLY good for the hardware it comes with



is this may be your problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans