Friday, November 27, 2009

Should I have Windows XP and Windows Vista on my computer?

Windows XP Pro 32 bit is a well developed operating system, but Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit is going to be the windows standard in a little under a year.



So I was thinking why not get both?



Should I have Windows XP and Windows Vista on my computer?windows media player 11



Both have they're upsides. First off they're soon not going to be releasing any more XP keys so if you want it get it now. Second off are you planning on dual booting them both? If this is the case I would strongly vote against that as I've tried it. Problem is installing programs, due to different memory locations in Vista programs installed on one OS will often not work with the other.



Next up is which is better. Simply put XP will run better but Vista is going to have the extra functionality and is getting more attention these days update wise. Also it has DX 10 and XP has stopped at 9.0c.



Should I have Windows XP and Windows Vista on my computer?microsoft publisher internet explorer



if you have the money, then do so



you'll have the best of both worlds- old program compatibility with future program performance.



But make sure you can afford it, and you have enough hard drive space
i have xp on my desktop and vista on my laptop.



i prefer vista mainly for the appearance, but i really dont see much difference in its work ability
yeah both would be great
Vista is not that great. I have it on one of my system and I'm not real impressed with it. I stick with XP, its allot better OS and less bugs. Just make sure you updated with the service packs. Vista still has too many bugs in it. You can install it as a second OS but don't count on it for your main OS. Software and hardware problems will happen. I'd wait a couple years before I would commit to vista.
Because vista is terrible. Vistas best feature is Vastly Improved Solitaire Tiling Algorithms. Its also Vastly Inferior Software To Apple's. I also think its a Very Irritating System; Try Another. Xp is far more stable. I wouldn't buy a copy of vista to put on a machine thats already running XP.
I would dual boot, use vista for everyday activities %26amp; xp for gaming. I use xp and don't see the need to change at the minute, but i will eventually get vista when it seems to be advantageous..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans