Friday, November 27, 2009

Can I install Dell XP Pro on my second Dell laptop?

I have a new Dell PC running Windows XP Pro. I also have an old Dell laptop running Windows 2000 professional. Is it possibly to use the Dell XP Pro CD I have from my new system and upgrade the OS on my old laptop?



Can I install Dell XP Pro on my second Dell laptop?windows vista ultimate



Yes, If you have the green cd and the blue cd that came your dell. One cd is to install the operating system the other is to install the drivers, on the driver not all driver will be there like the modem, and multimedia sound card, grapic card, but those you can get them from dell website. Trust me you won't need a key, if your using the dell cd's and intalling them at a dell computer. It's ok and good luck



Can I install Dell XP Pro on my second Dell laptop?default browser internet explorer



yes dell will authenticate. there restore disk are just like that.
No, you'd need to buy another XP licence. Only free software, such as Linux, can be installed on as many computers as you like.
No, the Product key will not allow you to register it again.
You might be able to if the old laptop meets all the requirements for windows XP.
Dell computers ship with whats called OEM (original equipment manufacturer) CDs which check to see if the machine is a Dell and also what model it is.



Is it possible? Probably.



Is it legal or ethical? Probably not.



If it works I suggest you don't advertise it.
No, you can not. It may technically install, but this is illegal, and depending on the type of restore disk, will either flat out not work, or it may work and when you authenticate it, it will bring up a "Genuine Advantage" alert saying that it may be a pirated copy.
you can but yea the product key might. But it might work or it will shut your other one down. You can do it and just do a clean install every 30 days but that would get annoying. Other wise you have to find another product key.



Best thing to do is call Microsoft and ask them. They might be able to give you another product key.



or you could use a linux based OS those are free

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans