Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Windows XP - Remote Desktop Stopped Listening?

I run Windows XP Pro. I've regularly used Remote Desktop to connect to my machine from work. Suddenly one day it just stopped 'listening'.



I have tried booting in same mode, removing the check box to allow RD, then restarting and adding it again. I've tried replacing the terminal service DLLs with the ones found online to do the multi-RD connections to a single machine. I've tried making my router go to my laptop for port 3389 which then works (although connects to my laptop and not my desktop).



Running netstat -ab shows that 3389 is no longer listening on my desktop even if the check box to allow RD is checked or not. On my laptop this will change if the check is checked, 3389 listens, uncheck it goes away. I've tried doing some searching on google and have come up short, hoping somone else has run in to this and has a fix.



Windows XP - Remote Desktop Stopped Listening?internet explorer 6



the problem could be a new firewall at work. Some places are now putting new firewalls inplace to stop people. from obtaining information that is private.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans