Friday, November 27, 2009

Windows XP Genuine Advantage Problem?

I have had my copy of Windows XP Pro Corporate installed for many years. I installed it on my desktop, my wife鈥檚 desktop and my laptop. Now for all of a sudden when my laptop starts up I get a notification every time that my copy maybe illegal. This is the same copy I have on my other two computers and have no trouble updating them. I have ran update several times over the years with no trouble but now I cannot update my laptop because Microsoft says my copy in not legal and wants me to buy another copy. I found a remove wga.exe program and ran it but all that did was remove the bootup notification. I still can鈥檛 update because Microsoft says my copy is not legal. It is legal, I have the original disk and key. What do I do? Format the drive and reinstall or what?



Windows XP Genuine Advantage Problem?ds browser



First of all, your computer may not be properly configured to allow the validation process to complete. For this reason, one of the first things you'll want to do is click on the link below to check your computer's configuration and fix any problems that may exist. After checking for problems, you can click on a link to validate Windows.



http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/



http://www.pchell.com/support/windowsgen...



Windows XP Genuine Advantage Problem?microsoft templates internet explorer



call microsoft customer care. they will most certainly help you
they only let you install windows on one computer.



i have the same problem.



and am now worried,



if i am to install a new windows.



everything will be erased.......
If you don't have a genuine version of windows you can not get your updates. Well I have found a site that claims to be able to get around that. It involves a registry change so make a restore point before you attempt this change. The site you need to visit is at ....



http://www.rfuz.com/windows/tips-and-tri...
Call microsoft and they will give you another activate key to type in, they'll go over the steps with you on the phone, however..... DO NOT TELL THEM YOU HAVE INSTALLED THIS COPY ON OTHER COMPUTERS, as this is considered illegal to them. They require 1 license per computer, where as you have 1 for 3 computers. They will ask you if this is installed on any other computer, and just say "no". They will also ask you why you are calling in today, just say that you are trying to run windows update and you got this xp genuine advantage error.
i got more than 10,000 volume license keys here... lol



u unlucky losers.
You have two options, go and download an XP unlocker then format, or call up customer care and explain to them the problem. If it's legal then there should be no problem. What's probably happened is that there's so much piracy on the net that maybe there's a duplicate version of your windows key somewhere
You say that you have the original disk, and key. Assuming that you are the owner of the corporation, and actually bought the disk, MS should be able to correct the misunderstanding with a phone call. If you are not the original owner of the disk, and do not own a corporation, I would respectfully suggest that you go out and buy XP just like most people do.
You should call the customer service number located when u go on the activation and tell them your product id, they will eathier change it so u can use it or ask you further questions

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans