Sunday, November 29, 2009

Installing Windows XP On More Than One Machine at Once -- Please Help!!!?

Okay, so I have a friend that has a Sony Laptop, and he has the product key on the bottom of it.



Now, from experience, I know that when you try to install Windows XP From one cd Twice, it will not let you.



Now, you may be asking: Why would just doing it once work?



Well, My laptop's hard drive went *BOOM* Well, not BOOM, but it went out, so we had to re-install XP on it.



Now: I have a Windows XP Pro that wasn't working, so we formatted the drive, and it has XP Home on it now.



So, I need to find out if when you install Windows XP on a machine, while the original sony's installation is still in use, will the primary computer still be able to download updates, and be under full warranty, even after its activation key is used on another computer!



If you can please tell me, from past eXPerience ;-) or, if you know by being a past worker of Microsoft, then please leave me an answer:



Hey, What's to lose!!



You get points for answering, and I get an answer!



Thanks for all your help!



G_Roskamp_3



Installing Windows XP On More Than One Machine at Once -- Please Help!!!?microsoft word 2003



No, you're not able to download updates from microsoft since they recognize whether your windows is validated or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans