Sunday, April 25, 2010

Windows xp/xp/vista........triple booting?

I currently have vista ultimate(c:), windows xp pro (f:), I want to install a faster version of xp pro(tiny xp) to my spare drive(d:) for gaming only.



Tiny xp will run on computers that only have 300mhz cpu and 40mb ram at a quick speed, so with my rig it should run like lightning.



Trouble is, vista wont boot anymore, will I have to install tiny xp and install vista again, to get the boot loader working properly?



I have googled this and can't get a definative answer, any one point me in the right direction?



Windows xp/xp/vista........triple booting?windows 98



Xp versions need to go on first and second. Vista last as Vista replaces the boot manager when installed. If you install XP after Vista the boot manager Vista installed is replaced and this does not know about Vista.



Windows xp/xp/vista........triple booting?microsoft support internet explorer



Make sure all of your hard drives are connected. When you are booting up, repetivley press F2 and you should have a list of operating systems avaible for booting. If this does not solve it, press F12 when it boots up. I'm not sure if its F2 or F12. One displays system info, and the other is OS bootup. good luck. Anymore difficulties and or problems email me at whimsical2484@snet.net and I will be glad to help!
I too have read several articles regarding multiple booting, the overall impression I am left with is that in your case the XP systems should be installed first, but as you have said opinion and technique vary. good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans