Sunday, April 25, 2010

Window xp pro installation?

I installed win xp pro. everytime I start the computer I have to click the administrator button to get to the desktop. I never created an admin account during install and all I want windows to do is boot straight to the desktop, without having to click any accounts. how do I fix/change this?



thanks



Window xp pro installation?microsoft windows xp



Remove the password from the account that was created. On My XP Pro I never created any account and it goes straight to the Desktop.



Start - Run - control passwords2 - uncheck the box that requires username and password.



Window xp pro installation?ie 7 internet explorer



Start-Control Panel-Users



Make sure an other account other then Administrator exists. If one doesn't, create another new account and then restart the computer, should fix it. Also, an option to auto login should exist in there but not to sure (I'm on a Mac)
Go to Start%26gt;Control Panel%26gt;User Accounts%26gt;Change the way users log on or off and check the Use Welcome Screen and Use Fast User Switching boxes. Hope it helps.
Win xp pro is for a reason!



Go to control panel



Open User accounts



Click Change the way users log on and off



Make sure the two boxes are selected and apply options

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans