Sunday, April 25, 2010

My window xp pro hangs when I run the recovery console?

I get to the point where it asks which windows installation I would like to log into but when I type 1 (1: C\WINDOWS) It does not proceed beyond that point. What can I do? I don't want to reinstall xp Pro because I'll loose all my data that way.



My window xp pro hangs when I run the recovery console?microsoft support



I've never had a problem with XP pro. Put the cd in the cd player and reboot. To make sure that it's booting from the proper mount point, press delete, or whatever key brings up your bios. Check your bios settings for boot sequece to make sure that the CD is the first boot option, then the hardrive is the second, then the floppy, or USB is the third option. Then press F10 and continue with the boot process. When it asks for fail safe mode, hit that. If you get into the operating system, then power back out and reboot and choose windows.



Sound to me like your whole life is wrapped up into windows (Microsoft). Try installing Debian (open source Linux) along with your window and use the YaST configure utility to lengthen the time it takes to choose between operating systems from 7 seconds to 999 seconds, then have fun with both. If your Windows gives you a problem again, you'll have Linux to save your system with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans