Sunday, April 25, 2010

Can I use Windows XP Home Edition or XP Pro CD to do a repair install on Windows Media Center Editio

I don't have the media center cd on me and I just want to do a quick repair install. Are the files the same when doing a repair install or a chkdsk?



Can I use Windows XP Home Edition or XP Pro CD to do a repair install on Windows Media Center Edition?download windows xp



Not if you want to have Media Center when you are done.



Can I use Windows XP Home Edition or XP Pro CD to do a repair install on Windows Media Center Edition?ies internet explorer



Simple answer no because Windows XP Home/Pro and Media Center are 2 completly different setups.



You will need the Windows Media Center setup cd to do a repair install.
I like Maurice F answer !!
chkdsk is perfectly fine but not reinstalling windows
No, using an xp home or pro cd will screw up windows even more than why you need to do a repair in the first place. the kernel files are different as well as the majority of the system files.



a repair install deletes all the necessary system files, and then replaces them with fresh, uncorrupted ones from the installation cd.



running checkdisk merely checks the file system on your hard disk. now dont get me wrong, i've used it and it works for file table or master boot record errors, but for a major amount of corrupted system files, even though it is worth a shot to run checkdisk, you have a 50% chance of it working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans