Sunday, April 25, 2010

Should I update Window XP Pro , to XP SP2?

So far i'm happy with what I have, there are no problems, my PC is working fine with the Xp pro, Ad- Adware and norton Symantec, which are keeping it very clean. I'm hesitant to update to window XP SP2. my friends are as confused as me. What do you think? Please note, I have no interest in firewalls because they seem to slow down the system. Thank you



Should I update Window XP Pro , to XP SP2?windows update



Yes, update to Service Pack 2.



I have had no problems or slow-downs with the built-in firewall in SP2 in Windows XP Pro. It is very easy to turn off the firewall if you wanted to. SP2 also monitors whether there is a problem with your anti-virus protection. I have at least a dozen PCs at work that have Windows XP Pro SP2 and performance is very important since they run critical applications 24/7.



I would not hesitate to update to SP2.



Should I update Window XP Pro , to XP SP2?microsoft excel internet explorer



eventually, you will have no choice to update.



software vendors will only develop new software for sp2



windows updates will stop working



it's not really a matter of wanting to update, but a matter of being forced, otherwise software will not be supported under the original version of windows.



microsoft's way to better support their products.
i would not download the sp2 my opinion it dose come with a firewall and stuff it slows everything up and causes allot of problems i made the mistake of doing that but its your computer
you should upgrade it. Because of all the security upgrades etc. sp2 is not offered just because they can, it is offered to enhance and protect your PC



Hope that helps



http://www.adminspy.com
I would update it if you have a legitimate version of Windows XP. There are a number of security patches included in that service pack and as stated above some programs will only run if SP2 is installed.



However, there are a certain number of steps you need to perform prior to downloading SP2. Below is the link from Microsoft that outlines what you need to do before installing SP2.



Note: the second link below has an option to order the SP2 disk rather than download it online if you prefer. Shipping and Handling charges may apply but it a small price to have the disk. If you are on Dial-up, it takes a long time to download it so the disk is preferable.
Yea, I would update to SP2 for sure... I just did this actually on my computer... I didn't want to for the longest time because my computer seemed to be running fine... but, I began to come across programs that I couldn't install because they needed SP2... I guess it really depends on what you want to use your computer for.... but, if you like the internet (your obviously on this) than you should upgrade for the simple reason of security updates...



One thing that I did that you might want to do is un-install the operating system and then re-install it.... before you do that make sure you back everything up that you want to keep because everything will be lost if you don't.... this way when you re-install the operating system, you will have basically a bran new computer....... then from there, before you do anything else, update it to SP2 immediatly.... this worked above and beyond well for me!!!!!!! walaaaaa ---- Bran spankin new computer with SP2..... best thing you could do for your computer and yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Definitely you should update it to XP pro SP2 because its fixes all the bugs in the previous XP unless you are not connected to the internet. Windows Xp firewalls cant slow down your computer it has low on memory but not the best firewalls either, if you want firewalls try ZoneAlarm it might slow just a little bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans