Sunday, April 25, 2010

Can't get Windows Xp Home edition w/ SP2 OEM installed.?

My PC had a non-genuine Windows XP Pro with SP2.



I Purchased a genuine Windows XP Home w/SP2 (OEM) at Newegg but haven't been able to install it. After the first rebooting it'd freeze at the logo screen. I returned the cd to newegg, they tested it and told me it's fine. I tried to install the non-genuine XP Pro cd, it did just fine, but I noticed that If I installed SP2 right after Windows booted, it'd freeze. The only way to get SP2 to work was installing Windows, then installing all the security updates, and then the SP2. I read on the net that probably my Soyo mobo needed to be flashed to support SP2. So I did, tried again with the genuine XP home and still did the same. After several attempts, I ended reinstalling the non-genuine XP Pro I had before, plus the sec. updates and the SP2 and have no problems at all. It seems like my pc only takes SP2 only as a separate add-on and not included in the Windows installation CD. I really want to make my pc legal. What else should I try?



Can't get Windows Xp Home edition w/ SP2 OEM installed.?windows xp home



One major problem is trying to "downgrade" from the XP Pro already installed to the XP Home OEM. Downgrades just can't be done. You'd have to completely wipe the hard drive clean and then format / install the XP Home.



Here's a link to a Windows help site that may give you some additional guidance:



http://www.windowsreinstall.com/



Can't get Windows Xp Home edition w/ SP2 OEM installed.?microsoft visual studio internet explorer



put in your xp pro disk,, go threw the formating,prosses whin it go to setting up files , than shut down computer , and restart with the xp home disk your hard drive will be tottal empty. so now it will take the new install,, or if your useing a hard drive that you got sepertly from the computer you should have a disk that will format it anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans