Sunday, April 25, 2010

Putting XP pro on brand new pre-loaded Vista laptop?

Would I be able to install windows xp pro on my new laptop? I have a windows xp pro cd and I have the serial number from my old computer which wont be used anymore



Can I just pop in the XP cd and reformat the C partition and then install XP with the old serial number? Can I also then keep the D partition which has the Vista pc restore on it?



I was told that I would need a new hard drive to do this but reading online I dont think I do? Can anyways please help me out here? Thanks



Putting XP pro on brand new pre-loaded Vista laptop?microsoft internet explorer



Yes you can install XP on your laptop with your cd and key. You might want to download the XP drivers from the laptop manufacturers site first though. (legally you are not supposed to do this as per the Microsoft License agreement but you can get away with it.)



Yes you can just format and install on the C: partition and leave the D: partition intact.



No you don't need a new hard drive go find whoever told you that and slap them upside the head. Good Luck HTH.



Putting XP pro on brand new pre-loaded Vista laptop?microsoft downloads internet explorer



no you can not due to the windows xp you have is for your old computer.and the new computer you have is vista and on there is all the divers just for vista.
Yes you can. If you reformat the drive you can install any O/S you want. As long as you have a valid CD Key so Microsoft doesn't disable it after a few months.
Useing 1 Hard Drive for 2 operating systems is not recommended because if a file writes over the other operating system then it can foul everything up.



You can get an external hard drive enclosure and put the old vista hard drive into it and buy another hard drive identical and put it in your laptop then load XP onto it.



Using vista hard drive as a USB OS System.
you would be able to but it may have alot of problems and you would have to get the drivers from each manufactor if ur computer manufactor does not have the drivers for windows xp on their website ...



Its not imPosable but its hard to do and it would take alot of your time

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans