Sunday, April 25, 2010

Windows XP Home upgrade?

I have Windows XP Pro on my pc now and it keeps screwing up.I don't have the XP Pro disk. I had bought a XP Home Edition upgrade a while ago. Can I use the Home upgrade to install over the XP Pro without messing my pc up totally? I have a Win 98SE disk too.



I know this probably didn't make any sense but I hope someone understands what I mean lol



Thanks in advance :)



Windows XP Home upgrade?microsoft maps



I don't think you'll have any luck trying to go from Pro to Home. I definitely DON'T recommend Win 98.



Have you tried System Restore? It's a function that lets you take XP back to a given point where it ran error-free, so you can either figure out what went wrong, or just leave well enough alone! It's definitely worth trying if you haven't already.



To access System Restore, go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time, then choose the latest day from the calendar when you knew your computer was working properly. You won't lose any data or files, but any programs installed after the restore date will have to be reinstalled. Good luck!



P.S. Yes, I think you could install the XP Home upgrade over Win 98. But I'd only do that if System Restore doesn't help.



Windows XP Home upgrade?windows registry internet explorer



You can install Pro over Home as it's considered an upgrade, but not Home over Pro. Also not 98 over either XP Home or Pro.
You cant install Microsoft windows XP Home over Microsoft Windows XP Professional. You will need to backup your data and format your C:\ Drive you can also create another Directory on the C:\ Drive to install Windows XP Home just insert the XP Home CD at Bootup and let the CD Boot - follow the on screen instructions and you will know what your doing hopefully. If you have success.. When you get online you will need to get all your Windows Updates including XP Service Pack 2 if it is not already included in the CD.



You will then be safe from Internet threats. You can get more help if you type in the questions you want to ask at http://www.google.com or http://www.askjeeves.com



You can also upgrade from Windows 98 SE to XP Home Edition or Pro no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans